If you feel like you’re spending too much time using technology and not enough time with your kids, join the Focused Moms Challenge to help regain your focus and get back to parenting with a purpose!
Do you find yourself spending more time on your cell phone, iPad, Kindle, laptop (you get the drift) than interacting with your kids on any given day? Do you feel like you are constantly telling your kids “in a minute” because you’re busy posting your status update to Facebook? Are you sometimes more wrapped up in what’s going on with your favorite reality show than what’s going on in your house with your own children?
If you’re like me, then you probably answered yes to one or more of these questions. I’m not happy about it, but I’m right there with you. The Focused Moms Challenge is a four week plan to take moms (and dads!) step by step from being totally distracted in their parenting to being a parent who is more focused and intentional in their interactions with their children. Participation is free and requires nothing from you other than your effort.
All the posts from the Focused Moms Challenge are listed in order below. Just start at the beginning and work your way through at a pace that works best for you.
Get Ready . . .
Get Set . . .
Go . . .
- Focused Moms Challenge Week One: Look Left, Right, Left
- Don’t Bury Your Kindle . . . Yet
- Focused Moms Challenge Week One Results
- Focused Moms Challenge Week Two: Unplug
- My Focused Moms Take Home Message From Vicki Courtney
- Focused Moms Wordless Wednesday
- Focused Moms Challenge Week Two Results
- Focused Moms Challenge Week Three: Make Eye Contact
- Focused Moms Try Time-Out
- Focused Moms Challenge Week Three Results
- Focused Moms Challenge Week Four: Don’t Walk Into Oncoming Traffic
- Focused Moms Favorites
- Focused Moms Challenge Week Four Results
Common Sense Disclaimer: This challenge does not provide or replace psychological treatment or evaluation. Contact a psychologist in your community if you are in need of individualized services.